This Prevent eLearning course provides a brief overview of the Prevent Duty, including how to spot the signs that someone may be being radicalised and how to share your concerns.
It is aimed at non-frontline Derbyshire County Council employees, elected members and Derbyshire schools staff and is accessed via Derbyshire Learning Online (Learning Pool).
Accessing the Prevent eLearning course
If you already have a Derbyshire Learning Online account you can access this eLearning course.
For example, Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire School employees with SAP payroll numbers can access this eLearning course as they already have accounts set up within Derbyshire Learning Online.
If you do not have a Derbyshire Learning Online account you will need to request one:
- Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire SAP School employees without SAP payroll numbers should email: email@example.com to request access. When access is granted, please view the 'how to access the Prevent eLearning course' section.
- Access to community safety eLearning courses by non-Derbyshire County Council staff, partnership agencies or academy schools in Derbyshire will be considered on a case by case basis. To enquire, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front line Derbyshire County Council staff, headteachers and designated safeguarding leads can access the classroom based WRAP training in addition (or in preference) to this module, as they may require a deeper understanding of Prevent.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe what Prevent is, and its purpose
- understand that Prevent operates in the 'non-criminal space'
- recognise factors and vulnerabilities which may make someone more susceptible to the violent extremist message
- recognise early warning signs of radicalisation
- understand the process of notice, check and share
- deal with concerns about these vulnerabilities and potential engagement appropriately
- identify where to obtain additional information about topics covered in this module
How to log-in to the Prevent eLearning course
If you are logging into Derbyshire Learning Online for the first time, please see ‘How to login to community safety eLearning courses’ attached to this page. Follow the step by step instructions carefully.
Please ensure that pop-ups are enabled before you start. Guidance can be found on pages 5 to 7 of the document.
If you have logged in before to complete other Derbyshire County Council eLearning modules, login with your SAP payroll number or email address and your previously saved password. Search for ‘Prevent’ in the search bar and then click on the ‘Prevent’ hyperlink to access the course.
The guide ‘how to login to community safety eLearning courses' is aimed at those who have accounts set up for them already, for example, Derbyshire County Council staff and Derbyshire SAP schools. It won't work for partners or schools who are not currently set up to use the learning platform – see ‘Who can access the Prevent E-Learning Course’.
How to complete the Prevent eLearning course
There are 3 steps to completing the course:
- complete the Prevent e-learning module
- complete the essential reading
- complete the evaluation
When on the Prevent course page, we suggest you scroll down and read all the elements on the page, before you launch the Prevent e-learning module. If all 3 sections are fully completed, you will be able to access and print off your certificate of completion.
If you have any difficulties logging in to the Prevent e-learning course, please ensure you have read the information on this page and have followed the step-by-step instructions in ‘how to login to community safety eLearning courses'.
If, after working through the guidance, you still have issues logging in, please email: email@example.com
Remember, if your organisation does not have access to Derbyshire Learning Online, you will not be able to login.
Accessing your certificate
If you think you have completed all elements of the course, but have not been able to access your certificate, please print off the Prevent course completion guide attached to this page. This document will help you spot any sections you may have missed and help you gain access to your certificate.
If after working through the guide, you still can't access your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org