Prevent (counter terrorism) webinar
This free 1.5 hour webinar takes key elements from the workshop to raise awareness of Prevent (WRAP) training.
This will help you learn more about the statutory Prevent duty, understand risk and threat nationally and locally, spot the signs of radicalisation and know how to share your concerns in Derbyshire.
A pre-recorded version of the webinar is also available for people who find it difficult to access a live webinar session. Details can be found on the Derbyshire Learning Online course page.
It is designed for Derbyshire practitioners, who work in communities or work with vulnerable individuals, and have little or no knowledge about Prevent.
This training is specifically aimed at staff from the following organisations:
- Derbyshire County Council
- district and borough councils
- elected members
- early years providers, including nurseries and childminders
- schools - heads, deputy heads, DSLs and key pastoral staff may find it useful to attend a live webinar. Other school staff and governors should access the pre-recorded Prevent (Counter Terrorism) webinar or complete the Prevent (Counter Terrorism) eLearning
- further and higher education establishments
- pupil referral units
- probation services
- youth offending services
- social care
What is covered
By the end of this session you will:
- increase understanding of the Prevent Duty and be able to identify the roles of different agencies within it
- develop the ability to recognise individuals who may be vulnerable to radicalisation
- develop an awareness of risks and threats both nationally and at a local level
- raise awareness of the key issues and how these can be tackled by all agencies to keep Derbyshire safe and prevent terrorist activity
- know how and where to report concerns
Webinars run on a monthly basis. Dates and the latest availability can be found on Derbyshire Learning Online
A pre-recorded version of the webinar is also available via Derbyshire Learning Online.
How to book
You need to have a Derbyshire Learning Online (DLO) user account to be able to book onto this webinar. You can only book a place for yourself on this course.
If you already have an account
Most Derbyshire County Council staff already have accounts within DLO. To login use your DCC email address or primary SAP payroll number and your saved password.
Partner agency staff within Derbyshire, who have completed training via DLO before should use their email address and saved password to login.
If you've forgotten your password, click on ‘Lost Password?’ on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
Sign-up to a webinar
- login to Derbyshire Learning Online
- using the course search function search for 'prevent (counter terrorism) webinar'
- click ‘view’ to enrol onto to the course and scroll down the course page
- you'll then see a list of available webinar dates
- select your chosen webinar and click ‘sign-up’ to book your place
- please ensure you fill in all mandatory fields and choose to link your booking to your outlook calendar
- submit your booking
- you'll receive a confirmation of your booking linked to your outlook calendar, which contains the webinar links and full joining instructions.
- if you need to cancel or amend your booking you'll need to do this via Derbyshire Learning Online
- if we need to cancel or amend your booking, we'll let you know - for example, an administrator may ask you to change sessions if we've more than our set quota of delegates from your organisation.
If you need help to book your place, please see the ‘How to book a place on a community safety course – self serve’ guidance attached to this page.
If you do not have a Derbyshire Learning Online account
To request a ‘registration key’ please email email@example.com.
Tell us which course you are interested in and which organisation you are from . If the access is for other people within your organisation, please let us know how many in total, and their names and email addresses.
You will receive an email detailing how to create an account, including a registration key – if the information is not for you, you will be asked to pass this on to your colleagues.
Once accounts have been approved, you will be able to access both community safety classroom-based courses and eLearning modules.
It may take a few days for your accounts to be approved.
If you need help to create an account, please see the ‘How to create your new Derbyshire Learning Online account’ guidance attached to this page.
If you need help to book a course or create an account, please use the guidance attached to this page.
If you'd like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.