Modern slavery awareness webinar
This free 1.5 hour webinar takes key elements from the modern slavery awareness classroom training.
It is designed for frontline Derbyshire practitioners who have little or no knowledge about modern slavery and who want to know how what it is, how to spot the signs and how to respond effectively.
What is covered
By the end of this session you will gain an understanding of:
- what modern slavery is
- the scale and scope of modern slavery and human trafficking
- where modern slavery happens
- signs to look out for
- how modern slavery affects individuals
- how to raise concerns and gain help for people affected by modern slavery
- the National Referral Mechanism and local procedures
Webinars run on a monthly basis. Dates and the latest availability can be found on Derbyshire Learning Online.
To attend any of these events you'll need to book your place via Derbyshire Learning Online.
How to book
You need to have a Derbyshire Learning Online (DLO) user account to be able to book onto this webinar. You can only book a place for yourself on this course.
If you already have an account
Most Derbyshire County Council staff already have accounts within DLO. To login use your Derbyshire County Council email address or primary SAP payroll number and your saved password.
Partner agency staff within Derbyshire, who have completed training via DLO before should use their email address and saved password to login.
If you've forgotten your password, click on ‘Lost Password?’ on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
Sign-up to a webinar
- login to Derbyshire Learning Online
- using the course search function search for 'modern slavery awareness webinar'
- click ‘view’ to enrol onto to the course and scroll down the course page
- you'll then see a list of available webinar dates
- select your chosen webinar and click ‘sign-up’ to book your place
- please ensure you fill in all mandatory fields and choose to link your booking to your outlook calendar
- submit your booking
- you'll receive a confirmation of your booking linked to your outlook calendar, which contains the webinar links and full joining instructions.
- if you need to cancel or amend your booking you'll need to do this via Derbyshire Learning Online
- if we need to cancel or amend your booking, we'll let you know - for example, an administrator may ask you to change sessions if we've more than our set quota of delegates from your organisation
If you need help to book your place, please see the ‘How to book a place on a community safety course – self serve’ guidance attached to this page.
If you do not have a Derbyshire Learning Online account
- to request a ‘registration key’ please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tell us which course you are interested in and which organisation you are from – if the access is for other people within your organisation, please let us know how many in total, and their names and email addresses
- you will receive an email detailing how to create an account/s, including a registration key – if the information is not for you, you will be asked to pass this on to your colleagues
- once accounts have been approved, you or your colleagues will be able to access both community safety classroom-based courses and eLearning modules
- it may take a few days for your accounts to be approved
If you need help to create an account, please see the ‘How to create your new Derbyshire Learning Online account’ guidance attached to this page.
If you need help to book a course or create an account, please use the guidance attached to this page.
If you'd like more information please email: email@example.com