Let's talk about sexual assault and sexual abuse
This free half day course is for practitioners who have little or no knowledge about sexual violence, assault and abuse and the support services available in Derbyshire.
Delegates will gain an understanding of what sexual violence is, the scale and scope within the UK and Derbyshire, signs and indicators, barriers to telling someone and what support services are available within Derbyshire.
Classroom courses are currently on hold. You may wish to book onto a Let's Talk About Sexual Assault and Sexual Abuse Webinar. For more information please visit Derbyshire Learning Online.
This course is open to anyone from any agency in Derbyshire wishing to learn more about sexual violence and how to refer in to local services.
What is covered
This awareness raising course covers a number of topics including:
- what sexual violence is
- consent and the law
- the scale and scope of sexual violence in the UK and Derbyshire
- myths and realities
- online and offline sexual violence
- signs and indicators
- barriers to telling someone and overcoming barriers
- how to respond to disclosures
- safeguarding and support available in Derbyshire
- further training available
- No dates currently available
Courses are held at County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire.
To attend any of these events you will need to book your place via Derbyshire Learning Online.
How to book
You'll need a Derbyshire Learning Online user account to be able to book onto this course.
If you already have an account:
- login to Derbyshire Learning Online
- using the course search function search for 'Let's talk about sexual assault and sexual abuse'
- click on the hyperlink to visit the course page
- you'll then see a summary of the course and a list of available events
- select your chosen event and 'sign-up' to book your place
- please ensure you fill in all mandatory fields
- submit your booking
- you'll receive an email confirmation of your booking
- if you need to cancel or amend your booking you'll need to do this via Derbyshire Learning Online
- if we need to cancel or amend your booking, we will let you know - for example, an administrator may ask you to change sessions if we have more than our set quota of delegates from your organisation
If you do not have an account:
Please follow the instructions for your organisation as described below.
Derbyshire partners agencies and school governors
Derbyshire partner agency staff, volunteers and school governors wishing to book onto community safety courses will need to create an account to access Derbyshire Learning Online. You'll only need to do this once.
- request a registration key - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tell us which course you are interested in and which organisation you are from
- you'll receive an email detailing how to create an account, including a registration key
- once your account has been approved, you'll be able to access both community safety classroom-based courses and eLearning modules - it may take a few days for your account to be approved
If you've requested a registration key from another training team, please create your account using that and wait for your account approval. You can then access our courses via that account.
If you've forgotten your password, click on 'Lost Password?' on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
Derbyshire County Council employees
Derbyshire County Council employees, elected members and Derbyshire school employees with SAP payroll numbers should already have accounts set up within Derbyshire Learning Online.
You can log in with your primary SAP payroll number or email address and your saved password.
Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire school employees without SAP payroll numbers should email: email@example.com to request access.
If you've forgotten your password, click on ‘Lost Password?’ on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
If you would like more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org