Anti-Slavery Day 2021
To celebrate Anti-Slavery Day 2021, the Derby and Derbyshire Modern Slavery Partnership are hosting a modern slavery webinar on Monday 18 October 2021 from 2pm to 4pm.
The webinar will allow participants to learn more about what key partners are doing to support victims and tackle perpetrators of modern slavery in Derby and Derbyshire
The webinar will feature presentations from Derbyshire County Council, Derbyshire Constabulary, Refuge (Derby City Council), Hope for justice and The Rebuild Project. There will also be an opportunity to explore the links between domestic abuse and domestic servitude.
Key discussion items include:
- launch of the Derby and Derbyshire Modern Slavery Partnership Annual Report 2020/2021
- an insight into the role of Derbyshire Constabulary Modern Slavery Human Trafficking Unit
- domestic servitude and domestic abuse workshop delivered by Refuge this will introduce the domestic servitude animation by West Yorkshire Combined Authority, a review of a case study and how to spot the signs of domestic servitude
- an insight into the work of Hope For Justice in Derbyshire
- an insight into the work of Rebuild (Post NRM services) in Derbyshire