Illegal parking or highway obstruction
Information and contacts for you to report this type of anti-social behaviour.
Parking issues are handled by a mixture of local authority and police powers, depending on the situation.
Your local council will deal with parking issues covering:
- limited waiting bays
- double / single yellow lines
- on-street pay & display bays
- residents' parking zones or permit holders' only zones
- blue badge (disabled) bays
- loading bays
- bus stops clearways
- taxi bays
- school keep clears
- dropped kerb access
- double parking
- pedestrian crossings
- council-owned car parks
- double parking - vehicle parked over 50 centimetres from the kerb
To report vehicles to Derby City Council, tel: 01332 640000 or to report vehicles to Derbyshire County Council, tel: 01629 533190.
Derbyshire police will deal with parking issues that cover:
- double white lines
- obstruction, this may include pavement parking
- dangerous parking, this may include pavement parking
- brows of hills
- dropped kerb access (as well as the council)
- parking within 10m of junctions
- double parking (as well as the council)
- one-way traffic
- box junctions
- access only (unless access to premises is required)
- white hatched areas
- pedestrian crossings (as well as the council)
To report vehicles to Derbyshire police, tel: 101.