Uncontrolled animals

Information and contacts for you to report anti-social behaviour caused by uncontrolled or stray animals.

All areas

If animal(s) are in a public place/highway and/or causing danger to the public at the time of your call, contact Derbyshire police on 999. Otherwise contact Derbyshire police on 101.

Amber Valley



  • Report a stray dog to Chesterfield Borough Council:
    Tel: 01246 345345 (during office hours)
    Tel: 0300 3230076 (out of office hours)

Derby City

Derbyshire Dales

  • Report a stray dog in the Derbyshire Dales, to Crowfoot Kennels:
    Tel: 01283 585510


High Peak

  • Report a stray dog to High Peak Borough Council's Dog Warden Service:
    Tel: 0345 129 4870 (8:30am - 3pm)

North East Derbyshire

  • Report a stray dog to North East Derbyshire District Council's Dog Control:
    Tel: 01246 231111.

South Derbyshire

  • Report a stray dog to South Derbyshire District Council:
    Tel: 01283 595795 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)
    Tel: 01283 221225 (out of office hours)