Domestic abuse staff guidance
This staff guidance will give you all the information and referral tools you need to assist a person when dealing with sexual or domestic violence.
Key partners from the Derbyshire and Derby City Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Coordination Group have produced a multi-agency staff toolkit in relation to domestic abuse and sexual violence.
The aim of the toolkit is to provide a quick reference guide for practitioners (from any agency) when dealing with cases of domestic abuse and sexual violence. The toolkit outlines:
- what domestic abuse and sexual violence is
- how domestic abuse can affect different groups of people (including females, males, children, BAME communities, LGBTQ+ communities and disabled people)
- what support is available across Derbyshire
The Domestic Abuse Staff Guidance is split into the following sections:
- black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME)
- male victims
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, plus (LGBTQ+)